My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Children's Newsletter

Happy New Year.


I've been working on a children's newsletter for a few month's now. It's for the church that I attend. It's a very simple concept, one main story that carries through a single issue which will be about eight pages in length. Everything will revolve around the main story, keeping it focused. Besides the story each issue will have a fun facts section, games and puzzles, a coloring section and area where the kids can get involved. "Hey Kids, submit your own artwork and see it in the next issue!" that kind of thing. I know if I was kid again, I'd flip if I saw my drawing printed up in a magazine type thing.


So why do this? well, being a parent myself I know it's a struggle for kids to sit still and quiet during a church service. You hope they're listening to what's being said, but at such a young age it has to be hard. That's why I thought that a monthly or bi-monthly (still haven't decided which one is more realistic, considering this is a labor of love) children's newsletter would help give them something to do while learning about a few Bible stories at the same time.


At any rate, the images posted are for one of the issues just about done. It's the story of David & Goliath. The good thing is that I'm not under any deadlines and time restraints, so I'm getting a number of issues completed all at once, that way I'll have some sort of reserve to draw from.


Once again, thanks to all for visiting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Atner said...

very deep sketches.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely love your style. can't wait for the kids' mag to come out.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home