My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Backgrounds

It's been a while since I posted anything but I think things are returning to a more normal state and routines are beginning to get in motion again. I unfortunately had a death in the family, and I needed to set aside my pencil and paper for a bit and attend to the matters at hand. I lost my grandmother who was perhaps in my mind and heart one of the most loving people I've ever known. She was a full time homemaker and worked from the crack of dawn to all hours of the night to make sure that her husband, her children, her grandchildren and her great grandchildren were taken care of. She was also a talented artist that really enjoyed the creative process. I'm happy that I gained that creative gene from her.

At any rate, the two images below are my first drawings in about a week since my grandmother's passing. I decided to work on my background design skills. It's a challenge, but here are a few attempts. Very simple. I see a lot of things I need to address, but hey it's a starting point. I also never realized how comforting drawing was to me. It's good therapy. :)

Thanks for visiting.

3 Comments:

Blogger lafe said...

Sorry to hear that foster... was wondering where you were, and then saw you left a post on my blog.

At any rate great pics, and my prayers sincerely go out to you and your family.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Jayenti Collins said...

I too send out my prayers to you and your family.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Alina Chau said...

AWESOME BG illustrations!!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home