My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Friday, June 09, 2006

My Cartoon Book

I am hooked on all the "i" programs that Apple has to offer. iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto, i i i....

At any rate, iPhoto has a neat service where you can have all your photos printed and bound as a book in a variety of sizes and styles. I've actually used it to do small photo albums of my kids. It's easy, load your images into iPhoto, pick a book style, layout the pages the way you want, click the buy book button and up load it. pretty simple. :)

The quality is pretty good too. So I thought what the heck I'll set up a book for my cartooning. My order came the other day and I must say they came out pretty good. It's not super duper quality, but good none the less. I got the 8" x 6" size which is a perfect size for sending out samples or as a leave behind on an interview.

anywho...below are a few pics of it along with the iPhoto interface.

Thanks for visiting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Studios said...

This looks amazingly awsome! Im going to do something like this! Where can I pick up your book? Your character designs are great btw!

Steve

11:17 PM  
Blogger Cedric said...

Congrats! Looks pretty sharp. I just did the same thing, my portfolio book should be arriving from Apple on Monday. I hope this turns into a dynamite promo tool for you.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Stephen Studios said...

btw man, you should get your book published at www.lulu.com cause then u have a complete cover.

Steve

11:46 PM  
Blogger Valentina said...

Hi Mike!
I'm going to build a portfolio as character designer too.. but it would be my first one.
I used to create reels and portfolio as 2d animator, so I'm looking for everything that should help me with it.
Your own looks very well done!
It would be very helpful to me..Obviously, I'm just talking about the structure of the book, the number of pages, how many life drawings, how many characters, colour or not...ecc... :)
I've started a blog too, still quite empty, but I'm filling it little by little with some stuff from my current job.
here the link:
http://tinkercrayon.blogspot.com/
I'd be glad if you go and have a look!
Your characters are great! :))
See ya!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Alikins said...

I love your clean-line style ~ SUPER cute!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home