My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Friday, September 01, 2006

Atari Memories

When I was a kid, Atari 2600 ruled. I remember playing for hours, games like tank, space invaders, asteroids, the list went on and on. My friends and I would sit so long that our legs would fall asleep and we dubbed the term "Atari Leg" I recall turning to my friend one day and saying something like, "these graphics are awesome! They'll never top this!" What the heck did I know?

At any rate one of my favorite games was Adventure. Basically you were a square looking for a golden pixel chalice in a pixel kingdom trying to avoid pixel dragons that wanted to eat you.

The following picture is for a challenge over at Ben Caldwell's forum.

Thanks for visiting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Savage said...

Slick sketch. I also got "Atari Leg" many years ago. How about more great Atari art?

2:01 PM  
Blogger michael foster said...

I think I can be talked into doing more. :) thanks for the plug on your site.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Katie said...

I used to play ADVENTURE all of the time! The graphics were absolutely awful. All of those keys had to be put in those "rooms," the chalice! I wished it looked 1/2 as cool as your drawing. You're giving it a lot of credit here.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home