My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Friday, July 24, 2009

New Ventures In After Effects

Pretty much all the animation I do is in Flash, however I've been diving into After Effects a bit taking a stab at character animation. It's a different approach but has some neat effects.

The images below show a Lion I sketched in Photoshop. Each part of the Lion to be animated is set to it's own layer and then imported directly into After Effects. Setting the character up in After Effects takes a bit of time, all the pivot points or joints have to be positioned and then some parenting of layers is involved so that when the arm moves, the hand moves with it...but I'm getting the hang of it.

I'll post more as I progress. I think it's opened up some more possibilities in animation and has been somewhat inspiring, plus it's pretty fun. :)

Thanks for visiting.






video

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Elaine said...

Why are you so talented? It's not fair to the rest of us.

1:22 PM  
Blogger alittlesparc said...

That's neat Uncle Michael! I really like the background.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Looks great so far Michael! Have you ever taken a look at the Envato family of sites? Great resource for AE ...

They have amazing AE tuts at http://ae.tutsplus.com/

and also cheap files that will blow your mind at
http://videohive.net/

Could help with tackling AE. I have been learning alot from this site.

Take care and keep up the great work!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home