My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Animatic TO Animation

If you're like me, you enjoy watching the behind the scenes of a DVD just as much as the film itself, sometimes even more. I love looking at the storyboards, animatics and the character designs of a production to see where they began.

If you CLICK ON THE PICTURE below I put together a little test showing about 30 seconds of an animatic and then 30 seconds of the (more or less) final animation for a little production I'm working on called "Rise Above". There are a few differences, but for the most part the final animation follows the animatic.

I need to give props to Andrew Kramer from Video Copilot. I combined the Flash cartooning with After Effects and I used a few of his tutorials to achieve it, not to mention elements from their DVD "Action Essentials 2" which I think helped to push in the direction I wanted.

I'll be sharing the entire animation very soon.

Hope you enjoy and remember CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO SEE IT. :)

Thanks for visiting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home