My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Pioneer

Larry Norman was considered by most the father of Christian rock. A key figure and pioneer of contemporary Christian music. He along with the likes of Keith Green, Pat Boone, Don Francisco & many others laid the groundwork for many of today's Christian artists. If you want to hear some classic music check out his albums, "Upon This Rock" and "Only Visiting This Planet". I loved his music and the directness of his lyrics and message. I had the pleasure of seeing him perform live in 1999. Below is a series of sketches I did of him.

Thanks for visiting.

2 Comments:

Blogger doodlegirl said...

This is great! I love your style and colors! And i must say, you instantly brought me back to the early 80s listening to all of them! And Randy Stonehill. And Benny Hester! Ha! I was living in Lindale, TX with the group Silverwind and Barry McGuire at the time when Keith Green's plane went down. We saw the flames... saw the wreakage and I was numb for weeks. :O(

1:24 PM  
Blogger Zeb said...

I have been a long time fan of Larry and admired his work and sincerity.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home