My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Friday, June 11, 2010

Quick Sketches

A few sketches based on my new found interest, the cigar box guitar. I've been playing guitar for 28 years, I started when I was 14 (you do the math.) I love folk instruments or as my buddy Ray says "cheap" instruments, haha.

At any rate the cigar box guitar was an instrument made from things found laying around by people who couldn't afford to buy an actual guitar. To me it shows an element of American ingenuity. Like the body of the guitar, the cigar box makes a perfect resonating chamber to produce the sound. I've made a few myself and they're a lot of fun, not to mention rewarding knowing you created it.

Well enough of the history lesson. Below are two sketches based on current cigar box players, Shane Speal and Knot Lenny. Very different styles of music, but all great stuff. They make and play their own cigar box guitars.

Thanks for visiting.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home