My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Saturday, August 20, 2011

CBD

Here's something different a "CBD."

What exactly is a CBD, it's short for Cigar Box Dulcimer. Typically it would be a guitar, but I decided to make these two below patterned after an instrument called a Dulcimer, which is basically a stringed folk instrument. It's designed for those that would love to play a guitar like instrument, but never learned. It's hard to play a wrong note on it, pretty much every note will sound great.

I love making things with my hands and if I hadn't gone into art I would have gone into carpentry. The cigar box guitar or dulcimer is an instrument that's made from found objects and down home ingenuity. The cigar box makes a great resinating chamber. I hope to post a few more designs that I've made as well as sound files and perhaps the process as well.

Thanks to my sister for the photos. :)

Thanks for visiting.

















1 Comments:

Anonymous Matt said...

Reckon it's time for a banjo...

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home