My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange County, New York, United States

Friday, February 17, 2012

Confusion At The Museum.

I studied art and have a BFA with a concentration in painting, drawing & pottery, yes pottery. I studied art history and have an appreciation for the art that has been created through the ages. Abstract, was always a struggle for me though. I enjoy the textures, colors, shapes but beyond that I never understood the big deal of it.

The sketches I did below are from a photo of my nephew taken by my sister at a museum. I wish I knew what he was thinking as he stood in front of a Pollock. I decided to do my own sketches based on her photo. :)

Just a note to those die hard Pollock fans, I threw together my own painting so no Pollock's were defaced in the making of these sketches. haha ;)

CLICK HERE to see the original photo.

Thanks for visiting.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Ellen said...

I like it, Uncle Michael! Funny. - Beck

This is very funny. Good job. -Ellen

12:56 PM  
Blogger Zeb said...

Funny stuff, Michael! My two-year-old does this kind of stuff. We call it, "If I ever catch you scribbling on the..." :-)

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home